new weekend wedding series!

12.15.2013

I love interior design--I believe the spaces surrounding us have a profound impact on our health and our happiness. And, as my husband and I continue our house hunt and think about how to make our future house into our home, I am especially focused on interior design.

But, I admit, my first love was weddings. So much so that I came within a hair of becoming a wedding planner, and I often entertain the idea of beginning another blog dedicated entirely to weddings. But in the meantime, I thought I would try a new "weekend weddings" series here on shell & chinoiserie! 

You like?! If so, read on!:

A Winter Wedding

There is something so romantic about a winter wedding. My husband and I got engaged in the White Mountains of New Hampshire in the middle of January:

(Taking a break from the fireplace during our engagement weekend.)

Our winter engagement felt so peaceful and intimate--we spent the whole weekend in front of a fireplace. The scene really would have made for a wonderful winter wedding, as well. 

Ultimately we chose a summer wedding (you can see some pics here), but we did seriously consider returning to the mountains in hopes of hosting a wedding that would be as intimate and peaceful as our engagement had been. 

If we had gone with the latter, I would have loved for it to look something like this:

Winter Wedding
photo by Carmen and Ingo

Winter Wedding

Winter Wedding
photo by Aaron Delesie

A gown of lace with a (faux!) fur wrap:

Winter Wedding
photo by Aaron Delesie

Winter Wedding

Winter Wedding
photo by Sergio Mottola

Winter Wedding
photo by Isabelle Paille

A bouquet of anemones, dusty miller, hypericum and sugar berries, baby's breath...and some sprigs of pine:

Winter Wedding Flowers

Winter Wedding Flowers
photo by K Thompson Photography
via United With Love

Winter Wedding Flowers
photo by Lauren Fair Photography
via Ruffled Blog

Bridesmaids in warm, complimentary tones and textures:

Winter Wedding
photo by Lauren Fair Photography
via Ruffled Blog
Winter Wedding Bridesmaids
A simple, snow white cake:

Winter Wedding Cake
photo by Andi Mans Photography
via The Knotty Bride

Winter Wedding Cake
via The Natural Wedding Company

Winter Wedding
photo by Aaron Delesie
Snippet and Ink

A candlelit room with floral centerpieces surrounded by natural textures:

Winter Wedding Centerpiece
photo by Leo Patrone Photography
via Meagan Tidwell

Winter Wedding Centerpiece
photo by Ryan Ray
via Style Me Pretty

Winter Wedding Centerpiece
photo by Angela Stott
via Elizabeth Anne Designs

Winter Wedding Centerpiece
photo by Design Rulz
via T&G Interiors

Winter Wedding
via Flickr
Whimsical winter stationary suites:

Winter Wedding Stationary
A Visual Concept

Winter Wedding Stationary
Artsy Design Co.

Winter Wedding Stationary
Ever After Papery

And last but not least, twinkly lights. Everywhere:

Winter Wedding
via Flickr

Enjoy!

Emilie

6 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

Love it! Yes I think you should have another blog dedicated to weddings. If it's your passion I think readers will enjoy it. The photos were lovely....
Sharon

Unknown said...

Thank you, Sharon! So glad you like the idea! For now I'll stick to weekend weddings on shell & chinoiserie, but we'll see where this series goes! I suppose having so many passions is a good problem to have! ;-)

Unknown said...

You're right Emilie- I truly believe that our homes DO have a profound impact on our health & happiness. As for the wedding pics- simply gorgeous! I think in my next life I'll come back as a wedding planner ;-) Elle

Unknown said...

We'll go into business together! ;-)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love looking at magical weddings. What a fun idea for a series. You can always dabble in wedding events as a side business.

Unknown said...

I was thinking my husband and I should probably just renew our vows every year, and I will plan a different type of wedding each time? Destination wedding, rustic barn wedding, sophisticated city wedding, and so on, and so on... Yes? And you all will be the guests of honor, of course!

 
Blogging tips