wednesday wishlist: sputnik chandeliers

3.26.2014

I think it is obvious to all of us that what I should really be wishing for is more hours in the day! I cannot tell you what a welcomed break blogging is from all of the scrubbing, lifting, unpacking, and organizing that has dictated the last few weeks of my life! I have missed my little blog so much, and I have missed all of you, too (*insert virtual hug and air kisses here*), but--following a third and hopefully final visit from Comcast--I can say with confidence that I am back!

As I write this first post from our new home (!), I am feeling especially excited about what's to come on shell & chinoiserie. Perhaps my excitement is intensified by the paint fumes wafting up to my bedroom (which is still the only room that has a surface for me to sit on), or the gas that lingers in the air from finally having our range installed yesterday (don't tell my husband--I have been enjoying having date night every night.). Or both. But in all honesty, I am so excited to share our progress with you over the next few months...and--as I am learning--more likely, the next few years! However, until I find my USB cable in all of this chaos, unfortunately today's photos will not be of my own home, but instead of other homes which look a lot more beautiful than mine does right now!

In addition to a fresh coat of paint throughout, another quick and easy way I have been updating our new home is by switching out all of the dated light fixtures. One particular fixture is especially effective for taking a home from 1997 (*cough*) to fabulous, and that fixture is the Sputnik Chandelier.

With its burst of space-age shine, the Sputnik is a funky fixture that can add a contemporary touch to an otherwise traditional space, but also translates seamlessly into a spectrum of different decors:







via Bob Vila



Lucent Lightshop on Etsy is a fabulous resource for reasonably priced Sputnik Chandeliers, such as the following:

$375

$299

$199

I may have bought that last one, but I suppose we'll have to wait until I find that darn USB cable to find out for sure! ;-)

8 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

I am so glad your back, I've been thinking of you! Moving can be very exhausting but worth the effort. I'm so excited so see whats coming on your future posts. You have been missed out here in blogland!!!!
Sharon

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Nothing more exciting than being in a new home...I'm sure the decor ideas are running through your brain...cant wait to see it...

Andrea said...

Welcome back!! I feel your pain... after two years we are STILL unpacking and under construction... it is never-ending! I adore these sputnik chandeliers, in fact I actually have one! It is buried somewhere in the garage, as I sadly do not have a place for it in our new home... but someday it will be back! It also looks fabulous with these starburst lightbulbs... http://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-03747-7STAR-DecorLite-Decorative/dp/B00064Z3ZM

Please keep us posted on your progress!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Vel Criste said...

Love sputnik! Love the fact that it's gorgeous and not visually 'heavy'! Can't wait to see the rest of your home and where this baby will go!

Nancy said...

so funny...I was going to email you to check on you! :) glad you're back. cant wait to see pics from your new home :)

Unknown said...

I just ordered West Elm's new sputnik inspired light for a client! I love these!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I am excited to see your sputnik and all of your new house.
My husband occasionally has opinions about our decor and I about fell over when he suggested a sputnik for our 2 story entryhall. It has yet to happen though.

therelishedroost said...

I love them but I am so afraid they are going to become a used and abused trend like the lovely chevron pillow, which I really liked too!! But then again if you love something and have to have it , then it doesnt matter if its a trend or not!

 
Blogging tips